Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Salsa Release with Grupo Arcano, Live/Studio Footage

  I'm proud to play trombone on Grupo Arcano's new record, "Desde El Otro Lado Del East River" ("From The Other Side Of The East River").  I've played salsa and other latin styles for years but this is my first release as a sideman.  It's 100% originals, written by bandleader/alto sax player George Velez Jr., his father/vocalist George Velez Sr. and keyboard player Harold Gutierrez.

Here's one of the tracks: "El Travieso Mayor", written by George Velez Jr. w/lyrics by George Velez Sr.  The tune features the trombone section (Mike Engstrom on 1st, myself on 2nd), and we solo around 3:08 (I'm the loud one).  Scroll down for studio footage!

El Travieso Mayor - Grupo Arcano by GrupoArcano

And here's a live version!


Watch me record the solo in the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment